Thursday, January 26, 2012

Vow on Silence

      The vow of silence was an interesting day and activity. For me it was really hard since I like to talk a lot and really don't like to be quiet. Although it was very hard and excruciating I think I pulled it alright and did an alright job with it. If I had to take the Vow of Silence for a whole day my day would be completely boring and one the most terrible days that I would have lived. I understand the importance of this but I highly doubt that I could function like this for very long since I'm very talkative and loud. Usually the best parts of my day are when I'm in lunch and am talking with my friends and joking with them about a lot of different things. I have learned that I would never become a monk and take the vow of Silence for another moment of my life. The skills necessary to complete this task is a calm head and really shy nature. Also something that you have to have the the skill to control your urges, like if you have an urge to argue with somebody then you have to try and control yourself not to argue with that person. This Vow of Silence was a very amusing activity for it made me think how mute people live their lives and how much they would give to talk, if only for a couple of hours, they would be marveled at the power the human tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment